Photo courtesy of Crabapple Hill Studio
Winter break is over and midterms just ended. Only one thing can save us now: snow days. Whether you need a day off for some extra studying or binge-watching your favorite Netflix show, snow days always come in handy. Instead of leaving it up to Mother Nature, there are a few superstitions widely renowned for their effectiveness in summoning a snow day. When there is even the slightest chance of snow in an upcoming weather forecast, it is imperative that you act quickly. The most common rituals high school students across the nation partake in are wearing pajamas inside out and putting spoons under their pillows. From the list below, see what you would be willing to do for a snow day. Try these, and you never know— superstition may turn into reality!
1. Flush ice cubes down the toilet (one cube per one inch of snow)
2. Brush your teeth with your non-dominant hand
3. Open the freezer and yell: “Snow Day!”
4. Leave a spoon in the freezer overnight
5. Place a white crayon on every windowsill in the house
Try these, and you never know- supersition may turn to reality!
By Julie Stowell